Welcome to Mosaic Foster Care
We are a specialist fostering service providing therapeutic solo placements for children who have experienced trauma, and who have associated emotional, behavioural and attachment difficulties.
For these children, a permanent long-term placement coupled with therapeutic recovery is of paramount importance. All of the children who enter our specialist service receive individual assessment and intervention by therapists who have expertise in working with traumatised children.
By working directly with children, therapists gain unique insight that helps influence both foster carers and the team supporting the child in placement. This work ensures that children have the chance to tell their unique story.
It’s a small but vital part of our work, which helps make the bigger picture…
You will need:
- a spare bedroom designated for the foster child – preferably on the same floor as the applicant(s)
- no children under the age of 12 living at home
- a good command of the English language (for single and both joint applicants)
- a robust, local support network
- to be in good health – a medical assessment will be undertaken
- have a full driving licence and access to a car
- joint applicants to have been living together for a minimum of 2 years
Watch our foster carers talk about their experience on our YouTube Channel: