You may have many questions about fostering. Here are some of the most frequently asked…
- Am I the right age?
- I smoke. Can I foster?
- Do I have to be married?
- What if I have a criminal record?
- What if I am already fostering?
SKILLS, TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- Do I have the right skills and abilities
- Do I need qualifications?
- How do I cope with poor behaviour?
- Will I cope emotionally?
FINANCE AND ACCOMMODATION
- Is my home suitable?
- Do I need to own my own home?
- Can I afford to foster a child?
- Can I work and foster at the same time?
THE BIGGER PICTURE
- What effect will fostering have on my family?
- What do I do if he child doesn’t get on well with my family?
- Can the foster child come on holiday with us?
- What if I have my own children?
LEGAL QUESTIONS, CHILDS INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
- What is the difference between fostering and adoption?
- What is the difference between a foster carer’s responsibilities and those of a parent?
- Will I be told everything about the foster child?
- Will I meet the child’s parents or family members?
- What about the child’s cultural needs?
- What about schools?
If your question wasn’t answered in our Frequently Asked Questions Index, please contact our friendly team who will be more than happy to help:
Phone us on 0800 121 6401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re currently recruiting Foster Carers in Essex, London, Kent and Suffolk