We understand that fostering is a big responsibility and that you need to make sure you can afford to switch careers. That’s why one of the most common questions we get asked here at Mosaic Foster Care is: “How much do our foster parents get paid?”
With this in mind, our team have covered the answers to all of your most popular questions about finance below. Please take a look and you can find out whether fostering pay is enough for you to make a difference to a young person’s life.
1) How much do foster parents get paid?
We offer an extremely competitive salary for our foster parents with a number of added benefits. The amount you earn is dependent on the type of care you are able to provide and the age of the young person. It is hard to give an exact amount but the average foster parent will get between £400 – £600 including allowances and reward element.
2) What financial benefits do I get with Mosaic Foster Care?
On top of a monthly salary, our foster parents also get:
- A weekly allowance per young person to spend on food and clothing.
- Three weeks of paid holiday every year.
- Expenses for travel related to your fostering role.
- Access to therapy and support for free.
- Access to free training courses in a wide range of topics.
- Free attendance to support groups and foster parent meetings.
If your question wasn’t answered here, please contact our friendly team who will be more than happy to help.