1. How old do you have to be to foster a child? Am I too old to foster?
2. Can I foster a child if I smoke?
3. Do I have to be married to be a foster carer?
4. Can I foster children if I have a criminal record?
Minor offences you committed some time ago needn’t exclude you from fostering. People move on and we try to take a balanced view of where you are in your life presently.
5. I am already fostering, can I transfer somewhere else?
If you are already fostering, you have every right to consider alternatives if you wish to change agency. You should not feel pressured by your current agency to remain with them.
Should you decide to transfer to our agency, we will guide you through the process to ensure it is as smooth as possible for everyone involved.
If there is a child in placement with you, they are the first consideration. The move would be well managed and follow all current guidelines. If there are no children in placement, the process is more straightforward.
If your question wasn't answered here, please contact our friendly team who will be more than happy to help.