Welcome to Mosaic Foster Care
We are a specialist fostering service providing therapeutic solo placements for children who have experienced trauma, and who have associated emotional, behavioural and attachment difficulties.
For these children, a permanent long-term placement coupled with therapeutic recovery is of paramount importance. All of the children who enter our specialist service receive individual assessment and intervention guided by therapists who have expertise in working with traumatised children.
You will need:
- a spare bedroom designated for the foster child - preferably on the same floor as the applicant(s)
- NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 LIVING AT HOME
- a good command of the English language (for single and both joint applicants)
- a robust, local support network
- to be in good health - a medical assessment will be undertaken
- have a full driving licence and access to a car
- joint applicants to have been living together for a minimum of 2 years
In 2018 we launched our Appreciation Awards for Foster Carers, to acknowledge the valuable contribution made to the lives of our Young People and dedication shown to our Fostering Agency.
The Awards mark the 1, 5 and 10 years’ anniversary of being a Foster Carer and to go with the Award, the Carers will receive a gift voucher:
1 year £25
5 years £250
10 years £500
We have a satellite office in Colchester where we will be holding training events and support groups. This is an exciting venture for current and new foster carers alike! Using community resources will also result in a lower carbon footprint for the Agency too. To contact us, please call 01206 986010
Find out more about Mosaic's foster carers
Watch our foster carers talk about their experience on our YouTube Channel: