You may have many questions about fostering. Here are some of the most frequently asked...
- Am I the right age?
- I smoke. Can I foster?
- Do I have to be married?
- What if I have a criminal record?
- What if I am already fostering?
- Do I have the right skills and abilities
- Do I need qualifications?
- How do I cope with poor behaviour?
- Will I cope emotionally?
- Is my home suitable?
- Do I need to own my own home?
- Can I afford to foster a child?
- Can I work and foster at the same time?
- What effect will fostering have on my family?
- What do I do if he child doesn’t get on well with my family?
- Can the foster child come on holiday with us?
- What if I have my own children?
- What is the difference between fostering and adoption?
- What is the difference between a foster carer’s responsibilities and those of a parent?
- Will I be told everything about the foster child?
- Will I meet the child’s parents or family members?
- What about the child’s cultural needs?
- What about schools?
- What does it mean?
- What do they do?
- What happens at?
- Independent Fostering Agency or Local Authority?
If your question wasn't answered above please contact our friendly team who will be more than happy to help.
Start the fostering process
We'll call you back as soon as possible
Call us on:
WESTCLIFF: 01702 344088
COLCHESTER: 01206 986010
(lines open Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm)
Fostering a child or young person is one of the most important decisions you could make - and you will undoubtedly have a lot of questions - what better way to find out a bit more about it than giving our friendly helpful team a call to discuss the process - many of our team have been through the process themselves so can give you honest advice.